Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kristi Kristi is offline

Default TOC for Tables. Page numbers are correct, Table numbers are n

By the way, we're working with some really large documents. How can I set up
the Table in the TOC and in the document so they will update automatically?

Kristi

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the table captions were inserted using Insert | Reference | Caption, they
use SEQ fields, which don't update automatically. Just updating the TOC
wouldn't update those fields; you'd have to select the whole document and F9
to update the table captions before updating the TOC.

"Kristi" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm an "intermediate" Word user and I have a problem that is driving me
buggy.

I'm working with a large document where I insert sections that include
headers and tables. I'm doing this by copying and pasting whole sections
from a template that I have, then updating from another document.

My problem is the TOC for the tables. When I update the TOC for the

Tables,
the page numbers are correct, but the Table numbers don't update. Here's

an
example:

Table 1. Data Model Table Description 7
Table 2. Add Age Range Description 8
Table 3. Add Age Ranges Page Data Model 9
Table 30. Description 10
Table 31. Data Model 11
Table 4. Add Age Range List Description 11
Table 5. Add Age Range List Page Data Model 13

I cut and pasted the section that holds tables 30 and 31. But they don't
renumber when I update. Strange thing is, if a co-worker does the update

for
me, the Table numbers are fine.

I'm not having any problems with any other portions of the TOC.

Help?

Kristi