Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ET2008 ET2008 is offline

Default Problem making Word default program for .doc files

Hi,
I recently installed Word 2007 on my laptop (uses Vista) but cannot select
word as the default program for opening .doc files. When I try to set it via
the control panel it just ignores my selection and returns to the current
setting - notepad - which is of no use as the format is wrong so everything
is illegible.
I'm selecting the word program through the 'browse' option
ProgramFiles/Microsoft Office/Office12/WinWord
Only way to open files now is to save them, open Word and then find the file.
Can anyone help? Doc files opened perfectly with my previous version of Word.
Thanks