Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Making a Template for Writing Checks

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Although of course this still doesn't
address Mike's original question if he's trying to come up with a template
to print on specific checks from a specific bank.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Although ordinary
wallet checks are all laid out the same in general, I do not know
whether the measurements are standardized, that is, whether you could
set up a form field to print on the payee line that would exactly hit
that line on checks printed by different companies. All of my checks
seem pretty standard, but they're also all from the same source and
are the no-frills checks provided at no extra charge; fancier ones
might be different, for all I know.

Cheques I have to hand from different banks suggest that while the
appearance is similar the text areas are not printed to standard format.
Were I to create a template for any of them (which my Epson printer would
not print anyway) it could not be used with the others.