Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Can I create a Word Macro in an ASCII text format?

You seem to be labouring under some misconceptions.

1. You can create a macro in Word (using Word VBA) that will print your 1500
RTF files. This is simple to the point of trivial. You will find sample code
in a squillion places on the net.

Rather than creating your instructions as a list of files, it's simpler to
point to the folder(s) containing the files, then iterate them. Total of
about 10 lines of code for your entire 1500 file corpus.

2. You can create macros as text files, then import those into Word. But
this is quite tricky. Why do you want to do this?

3. WordBasic was abandoned long ago. There is still 'sort of' backward
compatability supporting it, but there's absolutely no point creating
anything new using it. Word has used VBA since W97.

Where does QuickBasic come in?

"Dennis P." Dennis wrote in message
I have an application where I have to print many (could be up to 1500) RTF
files.
I would like to create the Word commands in an ASCII text file using
Quickbasic and then run these commands in Word - is this possible - will
Word accept an ASCII text macro file?
The commands, for example would be:

Open file1.rtf; Print; Clear
Open file2.rtf; Print; Clear
Open file3.rtf; Print; Clear ...etc, etc