Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Excel Links in Word (Formats)

While it is not clear what the zero part of your switch is supposed to
achieve, the following switch
\# ",0 ;(,0);'-'"
used in conjunction with a decimal tab ,will align the numbers as required.
In the example I have used a hyphen for the zero amount.

"Guernsey Gaz" wrote in message
Hi Anyone who can help

I have vast worksheets in excel and I have no problem linking them in to
Word, the problem is the formats do not come out the same.

Exel example

111,111,111
(111,111,111)

Word Example

111,111,111
(111,111,111)

It looks good in excel but when I link to word I need the numbers to line
up
and the negative closing parenthasis to be outside the figures so it looks
the same as it does in excel

Any help will do , I have now been at this for three days....
--
If only I knew....

Gaz