Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Numbers in caption get a strikethrough

I reread the whole thread and realized that I forgot that this only appears
in print. I think that means that none of my suggestions will be helpful.
But to answer your questions...

I am sorry but I did not quite understand your instructions. Where do I find
open and repair?

From within Word's Open dialog, click a file name. On Open button in the
lower right corner, click the down arrow. There you'll see Open and Repair.
This is a programmatic way of copying everything but the last paragraph mark
of a document and pasting it into a new doc, except that open and repair
finds€”and repairs€” errors in other places besides that last paragraph mark.

Where do I find information about unliked styles?

I would search for unlinked styles in the archives of lists like this one,
Woody's Lounge, and the Word MVP site. Unlinked styles are also called Char
Char styles because char is one of the signals for them. (Have you ever seen
Heading 1, Charor Body Text, Char Char Char?)

And a question about deleting styles: Will the styles be deleted from obly
this document or from the Normal.dot template?

Yes, when you delete styles they are only deleted from the document you are
in.

Sorry about the delay in replying. Got to pay the rent. I hope you've
found an answer to your problem

Elin wrote:
[...]
Thanks so much for helping.