Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Pleading Paper - Enveloopes

Or use Manage Styles to access it. Access the dialog via one of the buttons
in the lower left corner of the Styles window.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Add an envelope to a document and click in the envelope address frame. If
you have the list configured to show style 'In Use' it will then be in the
list.
See http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

Jan Groshan wrote:
The Envelope Address style isn't shown as an option when I Cntrl
Shift S, so how do I access it to modify it ?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
PS... I was ultimately able to replicate the problem, but only by
first modifying the Envelope Address style so that it had incorrect
paragraph spacing. I'm guessing that that's the problem in this
case, and hence and suggesting that you modify that style to see if
it fixes your problem. If not, then my next guess would be that the
template is damaged in some way. --
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
I can't replicate the problem... but see if this will solve the
problem for you. I suspect that the double spacing is coming from
the Envelope Address style's Paragraph spacing settings. Modify
that style so that the Paragraph Befo and After: spacing are
both set to 0, and Line Spacing: is set to Single.

If the text is formatted as Envelope Address in the proof of service
document, do this:

1. click in the address and press Ctrl+Shift+S.

2. Verify that Envelope Address is the style shown in the Apply
Styles box, and click Modify.

3. Near the bottom of the Modify Style box, tick the "New documents
based on this template" option.

4. Click on the Format button (bottom left in the Modify dialog).

5, Click Paragraph. In the Indents and Spacing tab, set Spacing
Befo and After: both to 0. Set Line spacing: to Single.

Click OK twice.

Does that fix it?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Jan Groshan" wrote in message
I use 1-28 ruled and numbered pleading paper (based on the legal
pleading template - Word 2007). My "proof of service" document
includes mailing addresses, single spaced in the document which is
typed on the pleading paper. However, when I block the mailing
address and click the envelope icon to create an envelope, the
address appears double-spaced! I have a document that includes a
mailing list of 20 attorneys. Am I going to have to retype all of
their names and addresses on a separate document in order to print
out single spaced envelopes ?