Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with an If Formula

Hi Holly,

Did you code the cell reference as {=B2}? The formula as suggested in my previous post certainly works for me.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Holly" wrote in message ...
DUH!! Thanks macropod! I think I was concentrating too much on D2, lol. Now
I feel stupid. However, it still doesn't seem to work. It's returning a
blank even if B2 is not 0. Hmm... Any other thoughts? I've tried about
everything I can think of.

Thanks for your help!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Holly,

For a formula like =D2/B2, the divide by 0 test needs to apply to B2, not D2. Your existing IF test looks at D2.

Subject to the above, you could code the formula like:
{IF{=B2}= 0 "" {=D2/B2*100 \# "0%;(0%)"}}

--
Cheers
macropod

"Holly" wrote in message ...
Hey everyone,

I'm working on a table for a mail merge where all the information for the
table is pulled from an Excel spreadsheet except for the totals and
calculating the percentage of available balance. I'm trying to do an If
formula to account for !Zero Divide error. My data has a lot of 0's, so it's
kinda of hard to avoid. This is what I've tried and the value "if false"
part of the statement won't execute. Any help is greatly appreciated. This
is what I want the formula to do: If D2=0, leave the cell blank, else
(D2/B2)*100 and I want the else part of the formula to be formatted as a %.

{ If {D2} = 0 " " {=(D2/B2)*100} \#"0%";(0%)"}