Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do you type the syble for degrees (temperature) in Word?

I'm woefully ignorant about the behavior of any keyboard other than US or
any version of Word other than US/UK, so I welcome this added knowledge.

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
I was sure that I did not reassign Alt+Ctrl+2 to the degree symbol but in
order to make totally sure that I was right, I checked my husband's

computer
too (I know that he has never assigned any shortcuts€¦) and the result was

the
same as on my computer. Also I was sure that the default shortcut would be
the same and that was why I thought Herb had made a typo.

On a Danish keyboard, Shift+2 gives you a quotation mark (") and AltGr+2
gives you @.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure you didn't reassign Alt+Ctrl+2 to the degree symbol? I

can't
imagine why the built-in command would be different, though, FWIW, on US
keyboards Shift+2 is @ (which I guess someone would look enough like a
degree symbol to be mnemonic), whereas on UK/international keyboards I
believe that combination gives you an apostrophe or something.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
OK €“ it works differently here. I have a Danish keyboard and Word 2003
(English). Alt+Ctrl+2 followed by a space works here and is also

listed in
Insert Symbol as the default shortcut for the degree sign. However,

if I
check the assignments of keyboard shortcuts in Tools Customize

Keyboard,
Alt+Ctrl+2 is listed as being assigned to ApplyHeading2 but it does

not
work.
The behaviour you experience seems more reasonable but does not work

here.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

The default assignment for the US Keyboard is Ctrl+Shift+2, Space.
Ctrl+Alt+2, by default, is assigned to ApplyHeading2 (here, at

least).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Lene Fredborg" wrote in message
news I think it should be Alt+Ctrl+2 followed by a space (instead of
Ctrl+Shift+2
followed by a space).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Word

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Ctrl+Shift+2, followed by a space. Or... Alt+0176.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
"Fear" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how to type the little circle thing

that
stands
for
"degrees". Does anyone know how to do this in Microsoft Word?