Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MikeM

Default Autotext insert into footers no longer works in Word 2003

Thanks for the response, this is the first time I have resorted to a
discussion group. I have tried inserting it into several other documents that
already had that field and also including new Word documents with all being
..doc. I even tried it in Excel and it works fine but not in Word. PS I liked
your article on Normal.dot

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Reinstalling will not help. You have most likely saved a document as
Normal.dot. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

"MikeM" wrote in message
I have previously inserted the file name & path in Word 2003 documents but

it
no longer works. When inserting it comes up with " FILENAME \p " I tried

detect & repair but that has not helped. The next step is to completely
reinstall Word 2003 but I would only do that as a last resort as I don't

like
MS policy on activation codes even though I have legitimate MS Office
software.