Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
two_heads_45 two_heads_45 is offline

Default how to delete page numbers completely? how to page number the docu

Every time I add a section to my Word document, the next page number starts
again with a different number, not sequential, in a section it shows 2
although it correctly should be page 48, in next section it shows 23 although
it should be 99. I want to page number the whole document, not per section.
How can I do it?
I did go to Insert/Page numbers but it did not work.
I thought I may have to type the whole document first then page number it,
so I delete the page numbers, but it is still there (I can see it in the
bottom of my screen).
I use Word 2003.