Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Il Jan Il is offline

Default Show comments in balloons and no mark up or review pane

Hi All, Vista and Office 2007

I am running into problems with the reviewing toolbar, specifically, I cannot get a version of a document that will show comments, but, not final mark up. If I try to add a comment it automatically opens a reviewing pane which I don't want. I want to be able to send my writer a corrected version that shows my comments (notes) in balloons, but, it doesn't show all the changes, and I also want that version on my screen which I can't get unless I brought it to the newer computer this way, (from my old computer). However, a doc that has been emailed to me and I am correcting on the new computer, I can't get comments without showing mark up. The document being emailed to me is in 2003 format. How can I set it in 2007 so that I can show the comments in the balloons and not have the review pane or mark up?

Jan