Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Show comments in balloons and no mark up or review pane

'Track Moves" is just awful. (1) It only works on complete
"sentences" (as Word defines "sentence") or bigger; (2) it doesn't
work on text of any length that contains Tracked Changes; (3) it can't
be Rejected with Reject Change (I didn't try Accepting, but if _that_
doesn't work, it would be utterly useless); (4) you can't make Tracked
Changes in a Moved passage.

(Track Formatting is just annoying. It insists on using balloons, so
even if you _want_ to record a style change or a font change, it uses
up space that the Comments need. And turning it off, even in the
normal.dotm template, doesn't stick.)

On Oct 10, 1:45*pm, "Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe
wrote:
Thanks, I didn't know about track moves (Nearly all my work is still in the
compatibility mode where track moves is not used) *and forgot about track
formatting.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
I believe the *display* options are user-specific. However, the "Track
formatting" and "Track moves" options seem to be saved with the document,
which should be helpful in this case.

You can get this to work for you. *(Set insertion markup to none, deletion
markup to hidden, and balloons to comments and formatting only. Also clear

[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]

Jan