Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MaxArk[_28_] MaxArk[_28_] is offline

Default Mail Merge Formula - Logic Stumped

I am extracting data for a mailmerge document from an excel database.
One field of my report (a column ... B1 ... from the database) can be
only one of three values ("Current Config.", a user entered value, or
blank)

I have check boxes in my merge document that use a merge formula to
populate.

Checkbox 1 ("Reline" is checked when B1 = "Current Config.", and
Checkbox 2 is unchecked.

Checkbox 2 ("Changeover") is checked when B1 = any user entered value,
and checkbox 1 is unchecked

If B1 = blank, or empty, both checkboxes are empty.

The merge formula I have established for Checkbox 1 is very
straightforward:

Code:
{IF{MERGEFIELD R1RelineType}="Current Config." "1" "2"}

But I'm struggling over the logic behind the formula for checkbox 2 ...
if basically needs to assign 1 when R1RelineType does not = "Current
Config" or is not blank.

Can anyone provide any direction? I'm stumped.

Jenn

--
MaxArk