Sam Hobbs

However "Mena" is also a name, such as "Mena Suvari" (actress). Is that a
potential problem?

What about all the other possible transpositions? Do I need to specify each
one also in order to AutoCorrect?

I am not Tom, who asked the question, but for me, it would help to have the
feature that he described. If there is not such a feature in Word, then it
helps to know that there is not, so that we know to look for other
solutions, such as AutoCorrect.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you consistently type "mena" for "mean," it is a good candidate for an
AutoCorrect entry. Next time you do it, instead of correcting it manually
or
right-clicking and selecting the correct spelling from the shortcut menu,
instead select AutoCorrect and then the correct spelling.

so
all may benefit.

"Sam Hobbs" wrote in message
There probably is not, but I don't know for sure. I have seen such things

in
other editors. I think the Microsoft people don't have whatever it is
that
we have. I assume it would easy to write a macro and assign it to a
keystroke, but I have not done that for Word.

I know that I usually type "mena" when I mena "mean". It is interesting

how
consistent I am about that.

"Tom Duprex" tduprex@gtcinternet[dot]com wrote in message
Is there a shortcut in Word 2002 to swap two characters?

For example, I typed "form" instead of "from". If I highligted/selected
the "or" in the word "form" is there a shortcut to swap the two
letters?