Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Document Templates

The only way to get everything from a template into a document is to use it
from the beginning, creating a document based on the template (using File |
New...). Attaching a template does not change anything about the document
except the available styles, macros, AutoText, toolbars, etc. It does not
contribute boilerplate text (such as headers/footers), page layout, section
formatting, etc.

"Darren M" Darren wrote in message
Hi,

I re-format documents regularly and have found the use of document

templates
useful. However I do have one problem. I have included header and footer
details in the document template and when I use the template to format a
document, it doesn't copy across from the template. Is this possible and

if
so, could you provide me with some guidance on how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Darren