Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Numbering problem

Lise Kuld wrote:
I am in almost same situation. Now i have discovered a new problem:

IOW: you are hijacking this thread. .-)

In the footer, it says "Page 1 of 84", my document in total has 84 pages,
but because I don't start numbering the pages from page 1, it should be "page
1 of 76".
How can i change it?

The "1 of 84" is in fact two fields: { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES } (hit
Alt-F9 to toggle the display of field codes on and off). It is correct,
in fact. But what you need is { SECTIONPAGES } instead of { NUMPAGES }.
Look up the field codes in Word's offline help to get an idea what they
do. You can insert such fields (for example) through Insert | Field ...

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS