Word Heretic

G'day ,

Word 2003 makes more dramatic changes to the underlying BFF than the
other versions. It aggressively tries to order the document properly.
This massively helps reduce document corruption.

All versions of Word have compatibility settings for previous
versions. (Tools Options) This also causes some aggressive
restructuring of the file. These details are NOT readily provided by
Microsoft, thus I cannot give you specific information, only this
general information.

That is why I sympathize with your predicament - I often (monthly
minimum) find myself in the same bind on similar issues. Essentially,
there is an awful lot goes on behind the scenes that us more technical
users want to know more about so we can attempt to control out
productions. This info is not readily available.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

reckoned:

Steve,

Gotta admit I'm a bit confused - did you read my post, or this a sort
of automated reply?

My post deals with Word incorrectly saving documents with the older
Word 97 feature set - nuking post-97 features such as nested tables. I
demo the bug with new documents being saved for the first time; there's
no opening of documents where a 'pre-load pass' would come into play.
I experienced the bug first under Word 2000, and am trying to verify
that the bug has different manifestations under Word 2003.

Was it this subject that your reply was referencing?
Thanks,
David McBride