Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default 2003 to 2007

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:02:09 -0600, "BK" wrote:

I'm getting nervous about the necessary switch I must make from Office 2003
to Office 2007, especially Word. Is there a way to customize the
individual mini toolbars that are now on the ribbon? I have added some of
my favorites to the Quick Access Toolbar, but I miss the customization I did
on my Standard and Formatting toolbars in 2003. The default mini toolbars
in 2007 have things I don't use and the don't have things I do use. Can I
customize those???

You can't literally customize the built-in ribbon, but you can make your own
groups and, in the extreme, hide all the built-ins and use only your custom
ones.

A good place to start is Patrick Schmid's RibbonCustomizer utility
(http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer). To go further, start reading
Patrick's tutorial on the RibbonX language used to modify the ribbon
(http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman