Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nosirrah nosirrah is offline

Default "Son-of-Binder"- allowing subdocuments to keep their format

Thanks JoAnn. Could you expand "combine" briefly please? Save subdocs as
..pdfs and then.... ?? Embed as file objects in a Word Document ?? [will it
subsequently print them when asked??] Or do I have to use (=buy!) Publisher,
which I don't have?
TIA

Phil Harrison

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Combine .pdf files.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"nosirrah" wrote in message
I want to make up a document in Word 2003 (or 2007) comprising subdocuments
.
If I use 'Masterdocument' or cut and paste processes, the subdocuments
lose
their (differing) outline numbering formats, which is unacceptable. I
used
to be able to do this satisfactorily with no threat to the individual
formats
in Word 97 using Binder. What do I use now, please?

Phil Harrison