Carol R.

Thanks. There is no CD key, only a product key on the back of the CD box,
which is what the installation instructions tell me to look for. When I try
to install, the field where I type in the number specifically asks for the
Product Key. There are no 0s or Os, Ss or 5s, etc. None of the 25 characters
is ambiguous that way.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It is unlikely that the "product key" is what you are supposed to be typing
in. What is usually required is the "CD key," which is found on a sticker on
the CD itself or inside the CD case (or on a Certificate of Authenticity if
this is an OEM version). If that's the one you're using, then make sure
you're reading the characters correctly; users frequently report confusing O
with 0, I with 1, S with 5, and so on (though recent software packages seem
to be using a more legible font for this).

"Carol R." Carol wrote in message
I have a product key on the back of the CD box, but when I type it in and

try
to continue, I get a message asking me to verify the number. I did verify

the
number, but I keep getting the same message. Is there any quick fix? I

know I
can call Microsoft support, but it galls me to have to use one of my two

free
calls because of a product key they got wrong! Thanks.