Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default HOW DO I UNLOCK A "read only" document?

What do you mean by 'just bought'. Is this Word 2007 pre-installed on a new
PC? If so it will almost certainly be a trial version. Either that trial has
now expired because you have used it more times than you thought, or you
have not activated it. In the case of the former you will have to buy the
application. In the case of the latter Office Button (looks like a pizza)
Word Options Resources Activate

i AM USING microsoft Word Office wrote:
"therese1216" wrote:

We just bought a new computer. I went and typed a document for work
in word and saved it on a disk. When I went back to it a couple of
hours later, I get a read only message when I attempt to save my
changes. I've followed the steps that windows gives in response to
my question on how to remove "read only" with no sucess. Can anyone
help?