See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm. For the font, make
sure that the default empty paragraph is formatted as TNR 12 (and that the
font defined for the Normal style is TNR 12).

"officequestions" wrote in
message ...
I have created a template for my office's letterheads. The letterhead-ing

is
isolated by a continuous page break from the rest of the document. I have
come up with the following problems/questions:

1. The letterhead is set to Gil Sans, but I want to set the default font
for all text that will be typed in the document to be Times New Roman (12
pt); however, even though I have already set the default to Times New

Roman
12 pt font, each time I open the document, it's still set to Gil Sans.

Can
someone please walk me through the process of setting the document's

default
font to be different from the document's letterhead font?
2. Because our documents are oftentimes longer than one page long, I need
to be able to set a header to start on the 2nd page and continue. How do

you
set the header/footer to come up automatically on the second page of a
document once I start to type a document? In our other word documents,

the
header comes up automatically, beginning on the 2nd page, so we don't have

manually insert a header each time we start a document.
3. I also need to set the date to show up centered and up to date each

time
I open a document. Our other documents that do not have our letterhead on
them automatically open with the current date centered at the top of the

page.

Thank you and I hope someone can help me with this. I know that this is

all
possible because we have some documents in Word that already contain some
aspects of these.