Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lisa Rizzo

Default Can u protect cells in Word as in Excel from unauthorised chan

Suzanne, thank you for your reply. If it is not too much to ask, can you
please explain how I protect the entire Word document or section. Then when
I insert form fields, the person opening the document can only type in the
areas permitted by me - is this correct? Thanking You - Lisa Rizzo

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No, in Word you have to protect the entire document (or section) and insert
form fields where you want to permit data entry.

"Lisa Rizzo" Lisa wrote in message
I am wondering if you can protect cells Word tables as you can in Excel

from
unauthorised changes ie. there are certain parts of the table I don't want
users to have access to and type in. In Excell you just protect the cells
but I can't find the same in Word. Please Help.