Sendgwendo

Thanks Thomas. The system is limiting my document names to about 15
characters. . . I'll never need 255 characters but I do want say, 50-75. It
is just one file and the documents within it. The limit does not seem to
have attached to other files containing Word docs. There must be some code
or preference/option selection that needs to be changed.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Gwen

"Thomas Campitelli" wrote:

Windows has a filename restriction of 255 characters or so. It may be
256, I cannot remember. If your file names are longer than this, you are
out of luck, I'm afraid.

Thomas Campitelli

Sendgwendo wrote:
I just transferred Word files to a new computer using XP Home edition/Word
2003. Some of my Word files are now limiting the length of names I give to
new or existing documents. . . limiting the number of characters I'm allowed
to use.

How do I avoid this limitation?

Gwen