Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Becky Becky is offline

Default Please HELP I can't figure this out!

Hello:

I am surprised and frustrated, that an easy sounding task like described
below is giving me so much trouble.

I have to create a document, which consists of one big table. (No problem).

This table should have a head which consists of a few rows, which should be
repeated on each page. (No problem).

There should be just one further row: the "body row". This one should fill
the rest of the page (one row, one column). (No problem).

Now it gets difficult:

The header rows (which should be repeated) have some columns which contain
information like date of creation, last edit date, page number.

(1) The page number should count up automatically.
(2) The date of creation should be filled in automatically.
(3) The last edit date should be editable (FOR EACH PAGE INDIVIDUALLY).

Ok, that means, I cannot use the repeating table header function, because
(as far as I know) the information you type in on one page stays the same on
all pages.

So, I have to use a header ... which I tried.

The main problem:
(1) and (2) are not a problem with a header, but (3).

One minor problem:
In addition, there is one empty line below the table I created within the
header which I am not able to get rid of. I want to make the whole page look
like one table: so, the columns and rows in the header plus the one column /
one row in the body should look like one table. I set the font size of the
one empty line in between to "1" which of course doesn't make it look
perfect, but a little better.

I hope someone can help me.

--
Thank you for your help!