Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Letterhead Problem

If you want to send something that looks just like a printed letter, you
will need to send it as a PDF.

"Laura" wrote in message
I have been asked to create a letterhead template in Word (2004) that looks
just like our printed letterhead when you sent it as an email attachment,
and
I have run into several problems:

1. When I send the template to someone on a PC (I am on a Mac) the headers
and footers don't appear at all. (even in Page Layout view)

2. On my computer, I cannot figure out how to keep the headers and footers
from appearing greyed-out.

3. When I tried to get around the problem of the greyed-out headers and
footers by inserting them as images absolutely positioned at the top and
the
bottom of the page, I could not find a way to keep the text from pushing
the
footer image onto the next page ( I had hoped having the image set to
text-wrap and told not to move with the text would fix this)

4. I tried to insert a .tif of our letterhead as a watermark, but even
though I unchecked "washout" it still appears washed out.

5. I tried to insert a .tif of our letterhead as a background image, but
it
only appears in the Online Layout view.

I am fresh out of ideas! Any advice anyone can give me on how to approach
this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Laura