Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default How do I keep styles in a word table when copying and pasting

Is your destination table cell style Normal? If you make your source table
cell style Normal, the same name. does it work?
--
Janet A.

"Andy" wrote:

Pam-

The pasting unformatted text option does not work when pasting into multiple
cells in a table. Cells have to be pasted one at a time in order for the
text to take on the destination style.

I'd be more than happy to send the file to someone to see if they can get it
to work but it does not work for me. I have Word 2003 with all updates. If
this is supposed to work it should probably be brought to microsoft's
attention because it is not working for me.

Thanks

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Andy,

Check to make sure the destination style is what you think it is. I use
paste as unformatted text every day, and the pasted text always takes on the
style that is active at the paste site. Unless you missed telling us some
important difference in your situation, it should work.

Pam

Andy wrote:
Thanks for your help, however this does not work. Text is inserted as normal
style not destination style.

If you use paste special and unformatted text, the pasted text should take on
the destination style.
[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

-Andy