Jay Freedman

The instructions *are* visible. At the bottom of the Help task pane,
click Online Content Settings. In the dialog, click the Online Content
category, if it isn't already selected, and uncheck any of the boxes
on the right that don't suit you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:24:02 -0700, "David"
wrote:

When I click on help I just want help. I'm not interested in being bombarded
with ads and 'featured links.' Aside from being annoying, these strike me as
a major security risk. How can I restrict help to looking for help and not
the rest of this extraneous content?
If the convenience of the user is what's at stake here, this 'feature'
should be disabled by default. At the very least instructions on how to
disable it should be prominent and visible. If on the other hand the idea is
to steer users into yet another online shopping site...
More generally, Microsoft has a tendency to come up with all kinds of new
features that may be exactly what somebody is looking for but are an
annoyance to at least as many other users, and then make it all but
impossible for the user to figure out how to get rid of the feature he never
asked for and doesn't particularly want. I really wish they'd knock it off.