Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Custom Envelope

You won't get an update prompt, though, unless you have "Prompt to update
styles" checked on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Add the envelope to a document. Drag the frame in the direction you need

make it print as desired then when you are happy, re-apply the envelope
address style. At the prompt update the style to reflect the new
information. From the format style dialog, click the add to template

button.
This will then configure the default template to use C5 envelope spacing.

exasperated ellie wrote:
Thanks for reply. I have been through the instructions (4 times!!!)
but still cannot get my address to print 11.8 cm from the left. I
can't see what I'm doing wrong or not doing. Sorry to be so thick!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The text is placed on an envelope by the Envelope Address and
Envelope Return paragraph styles. See
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

exasperated ellie wrote:
I need to print an address onto an envelope (size C5) with the
address printing from 11.8cm from the left. When ever I change it
in the envelope options window it just reverts to auto when
printing. How can I set this option?

Many thanks
Ellie