Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Form Formula doesn't work if the result is ZERO?

Perform the calculation outside a form field, using a calculation field then
trap the Syntax error e.g.

{ IF { ={ Emod } * { PremiumTotal } } = "!Syntax*" "$0.00" "{ ={ Emod } *
{ PremiumTotal } }" }

Here $0.00 is inserted in the result when Emod is empty otherwise the
calculation result is givcen.

Angyl wrote:
I'm building a form in Word 2003 and adding code to the bookmarked
fields to perform calculations One example would be:

=(Gross1)*(Rate1)/100

The problem I'm having is that the latter part of the form towards
the total builds upon previous calculations and all seems to come to
screeching halt (the form doesn't tally) if the result of any of the
previous sections is ZERO or a Non Entry.

Specifically my problem is that one formula does this:

=(Emod)*(PremiumTotal)

But sometimes there IS no Emod so it is ZERO. If that is the case
that field shows ZERO (but there is a number in PremiumTotal)

With the resulting ZERO in that field, I can't finish the rest of my
form.

Help!!