Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Help Screens should not have to be closed using the mouse

Ctrl+F1 closes the task pane (and opens it if you press Ctrl+F1 again).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DianeMN wrote:
Often, I accidentally hit the F1 key, bringing up a Help screen on
right-hand column of screen. I want to be able to quickly close the
screen WITHOUT having to grab the mouse, and click the X in its upper
right-hand corner. I cannot believe that Microsoft Corp. forces a
close of their program Help screens by mouse action alone, and does
not allow this functionality from the keyboard.