Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Cannot Empty Clipboard

This does not sound like a problem related to the normal template (and
incidentally never delete the normal template - rename it so the
customisations it contains can be recovered).

It *may* have something to do with http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=899266
which is the only reference I can find to this error message.

Richard wrote:
Using Word 2003 one of my end users is getting the message "Cannot
Empty Clipboard" when she tries to copy something. The only
workaround that she has found is to restart her machine. I could
delete her Normal template but she has a lot of customizations like
special styles, etc. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening?