Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
--gr3gw --gr3gw is offline

Default Multiple Outline Numbered Lists in One Document

Just recently, I've mastered outline numbered and bulleted lists. Now I have
one set of style definitions for each with nine levels in each.

In some documents, I want to 'break' the the first numbered list and start a
second. I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Using 'restart
numbering' restarts the numbering but it is the same 'list'.

The reason I want to break the list is because, by default, the numbering of
the top level list style starts in column 1. Further down the document I may
want to start a new list indented (with demote) by the second level amount.
If I renumber and demote, the whole list gets demoted.

Any suggestions?