See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...ectionInfo.htm (and,
for good measure, so you understand what you're dealing with
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm)

"dunkafife" wrote in message
Hello!

I have created a letterhead doc that has a different header/footer on the
first page. (Thanks to Susan Barnhill's document on letterhead!) Now,

my
header/footer is different than the header/footer on each subsequent page.
That was the first goal, so yay! Now, when I try to cut and paste 11

pages
worth of letter text into this document, my header/footers disappear all
together!

I am not a total novice to Word but this has stumped me. I position my
cursor at the first line beneath my header on page one and paste the text.
Then, I only have my text and no header/footer at all.

Any help is much appreciated!