Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default 'Trusted Templates'?

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:01:16 -0300, "MarkS"
wrote:

I am trying to save a template in Word 2007, but when I click the Office
button and go to the 'Save As...' menu, I do not see a 'Trusted Templates'
link at all. Is this a limitation of Office Home and Student 2007? Or is
it a problem with the installation?

It's neither a limitation nor an installation problem. It's just that
Microsoft, for whatever reason, didn't put a link for it on the
default Places Bar (the vertical strip of icons on the left side of
the dialog). You have to add it yourself, using the procedure at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826214.

I'm also bemused that Word 2007's Save As, unlike every earlier
version of Word, doesn't automatically switch the current folder to
the Templates location when you go to save a template; it leaves you
in the My Documents folder or whatever other folder was last used. I'd
consider that a bug.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman