Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
wcsdropout

Default Problem with mail merge with foreign right-to-left language

I have Windows XP with Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed
Hebrew language support and am using a Yiddish keyboard layout. I have an
Excel
spreadsheet with vocabulary words -- 1 column English and 1 Yiddish, and am
trying to print out the Yiddish Words to Microsoft Word "labels" using Mail
Merge. However, whenever I try to merge them, I get "????" in all the
fields. I have tried changing all my column headers to English language, but
that doesn't help.

Has anyone dealt with this problem before?