Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2007 - Page Number options grayed out

It could be an issue with Building Blocks.dotx, the location of the gallery
entries you see.

You can find it at:
C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Document
Building Blocks\1033

Exit Word, locate Building Blocks.dot either move it out of the folder or
delete it. Renaming this file will not work as Word will load it the first
time you access a gallery. Then start Word and see if Page
Number gallery is available.

Also note Building Blocks.dotx located in the Office installation path
(under Program Files) should not be deleted. This is the master copy that is
used to create your personal copy found in your profile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Damncold" wrote in message
I am trying to insert a Page Number in a Word 2007 Footer.
Regardless of which option I choose (Top of Page, Bottom of Page, etc.)
all
the options are grayed out. Ideas?

And can someone at MS tell me why they made a once simple process so
arcane?