Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Newbie Question on on tables

If you run a macro containing the following code, it will insert that
sequence of numbers into the cells in the first column of the table:

Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long
Dim atable As Table
Set atable = Selection.Tables(1)
k = 1
For i = 1 To 123 Step 3
For j = 1 To 3
atable.Cell(i + j - 1, 1).Range.InsertBefore k & Chr(64 + j)
Next j
k = k + 1
Next i
k = 42
For i = 124 To 201 Step 6
For j = 1 To 6

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
I would like to print out a table which has the sequence in descending
alphabetical order in the first column as follows:-

1A
1B
1C

2A
2B
2C

3A
..etc until

41C

Thereafter , I would like the sequence to go:-
42A
42B
42C
42D
42E
42F

43A
...etc until
54F

Could anyone tell me how to arrange this , please ?

B.N.