WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you enter the mathematical recurring symbol above a number?

Yes, it is possible to enter the mathematical recurring symbol above a number in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Place the cursor where you want to insert the recurring symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Equation" in the "Symbols" section.
  4. In the "Equation Tools" tab that appears, click on the "Accent" button in the "Structures" section.
  5. Select the "Overbar" option from the drop-down menu.
  6. Type the number you want to put the recurring symbol above.
  7. Click on the "Accent" button again and select the "Dot" option.
  8. Type the number you want to put the recurring symbol above again.
  9. Click on the "Accent" button one more time and select the "Overbar" option again.
  10. Type the number you want to put the recurring symbol above one final time.

This should create the recurring symbol above the number you typed. If you want to adjust the size or position of the symbol, you can click on it and use the sizing handles that appear to resize it or drag it to a different location.