HJC

Default TOC - appearance

I have searched all over and cannot find a solution - I am using word 2003.
I have a 50 page document which has a TOC - in the main document, I
identified the items that I want identified as heading 1, heading 2, etc. in
the actual TOC, the page numbers for heading 1 appear about 1.5" to the left
of where the page # for heading 2 and 3 appear - I cannot figure out how to
get the page numbers to move about 1.5" to the right of where they currently
are - after 2 hours of searching and trying, I am ready for help!

Thank you.