Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jason Saffer

Default I Lost Number Format for my Level 2 Headings

Hi all,

I have a 100+ page document that has a lot of section headings,
sub-headings, etc. that I have created using the Outlining toolbar. For some
reason, all the headings I have that were created with the Level 2 command
have lost their numbered headings. Only the text designation remains, no
section or heading number.

Here's what I mean -- in the example beow, the title "Client Initiated
Termination" used to have a number next to it, like 1.1. Now, it's gone. I
must have done something to cause this to happen. Any ideas on how I can get
my heading or section numbers back on these Level 2 headings? Thanks very
much.

.....Jason

Client-Initiated Termination

There are five categories of client-initiated termination:

1.. bolting
2.. premature
3.. temporary or integrative hiatus
4.. situational (financial, moving)
5.. completion (healthy, appropriate)

Each category is fully described in the sub-sections below.

1.1.1 Clients Who Bolt

Sometimes a client makes an appointment with you, and then either misses the
appointment, or leaves you a message that they are canceling the appointment
or terminating therapy. Then you call the client, and are able neither to
reach them directly, nor do they return your calls. The client has "bolted"
from therapy. They have terminated therapy either without any direct, verbal
communication to you of this, or have terminated without giving you the
opportunity to discuss this with them in the therapy room.