Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Searching for spaces and removing them

Not if the wildcard option is set.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
In my experience, just searching for spaces will find/remove
nonbreaking spaces as well.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Just type a space (press the spacebar once for each space). If
they're nonbreaking spaces, which appear as degree signs instead of
dots, type Ctrl+Shift+space in the box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

dean-nie wrote:
I've exported data, choosing a tab to separate fields from an old
version of Paradox - opened it into Word. I'm trying to eliminate
the spaces between each field using search and replace. Reveal
formatting is on but there is no tab code in doc just space
indicators. What do I put in replace box - there is no code for
spaces?