Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey

Default question on checkboxes/protected forms and fill-in fields

We are converting from Wordperfect 8. I have several forms completed,
thought i found a match for wp's checkbox but apparently you have to protect
the word document for it to work.. which does not allow you to type in the
other areas of the form. I've search thru the kb and tried saving a form as
a dot, using the insert field, fill-in from the mail category. This has way
too many popups.

We received a form/dot to fill out from the state and it has what i thought
was a "fill-in" it had a shaded space with brackets around it that you could
click in and type, still able to check the checkboxes. I haven't figured it
out yet. It almost looked like a bookmark, but i couldn't get mine to work.
I do know a little about userforms and vb script (love the end result, but
too time consuming) but it is only me with 1000's of forms and many other job
duties.

We have a lot of forms that are in table format, with a lot of yes/no. I
want to be able to use the macro type checkbox and be able to type on the
form without the user having to protect/unprotecting the document.

I've bookmarked some of the sites mentioned in other responses and am going
to go thru them to see if there is something that matches what i'm thinking
about.

thanks for any suggestions

Tracey