You should not need to retype, as AutoCorrection should fire. In any case,
when it does fire, it also turns CapsLock off, which is why you don't get
the error the second time.

"Abby" wrote in message
While typing a document in Word XP, three of my users have experienced
problems with caps lock. The problem occurs when someone has the €śCAPS

LOCK€ť
key on and types a word that should be in lower case, but with a capital
letter at the beginning. For example, if I have CAPS LOCK on and type my
name and I accidentally type it as aBBY, the problem occurs that uppercase
letters show up in lowercase and vice versa. However, if I re-type my

name
the exact same way, it reverses the problem. I looked in TOOLS, AUTO

CORRECT
OPTIONS, and the option "Correct accidental usage of CAPS LOCK key" is
checked. What else could be causing this problem? Thank you