Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Need help keeping formatting when pasting into other document

On Oct 3, 5:42*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Well, the idea of the section break is to preserve the settings in the
document, which includes the margins. I assumed you wanted to insert the
cover page exactly as it existed in the second document.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Robert Macy" wrote in message

On Oct 2, 12:44 pm, elzar wrote:

Terry Farrell;437570 Wrote:

At the beginning of your document, insert a Section Break, Next Odd
Page.
Then above that new break (so you need to have the ShowAll option on to
see
the non-printer characters), use Insert, File and choose the 'fancy
front
page'.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Thanks so much for your reply Terry.

I tried that but it doesn't work. All of the formatting is still lost.

--
elzar

elzar,

I just tried what Suzanne suggested, adding the second section AFTER
the cover:
1. insert page break new section
2. make header and footing independent, remove them entirely
3. insert file [the formatted second section]

It almost worked, I got the right font, the right size, the right
header/footer, but...
I got left with the old margins.

If I had set them to the second section's margins, I would have been
done and got what I wanted.

Robert
page

The Cover Page Exists.

I added to that document a SecondSection with all its margins, fonts,
font sizes, headers/footers

I wish to preserve the Cover Page *and* the SecondSection's
characteristics.

NEVER do I wish to obliterate one for the other. To me, this is a
major flaw in Word.

Robert