Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:43:01 -0800, NowWow
wrote:

I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom
and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing
on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the
document without typing in all the measurements?

In the File Save As dialog, change the "Save as type" dropdown to
"Word Template (*.dot)" and save the letterhead as a template.

When you want a new letter, click File New and then click the "On my
computer" link. In the dialog that appears, choose your letterhead
template to make a new document with all the same measurements.

It may help to read http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm
and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm.

--