Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] benamram.amir@gmail.com is offline

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

Have just tried it and it works. (It is possible to reach the necessary option
without messing with the ribbon, via File options add-ins manage templates).
Thank you!

Den lørdag den 15. februar 2014 20.47.58 UTC+2 skrev Stefan Blom:
If styles change when you (re-)open a document, you need to do the

following: In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, clear the option to

"Automatically update document styles."

To display the dialog box: First display the Developer tab on the ribbon by

selecting it at File tab | Options | Customize Ribbon. Then, on the

Developer tab, click Document Template. (These instructions apply to Word

2010 and 2013.)

--

Stefan Blom

Microsoft Word MVP

I have found a partial remedy to the lost styles problem, which is: I have

defined my styles as a "quick style set". Each time I re-open the

document, the styles are reverted to some default, but by applying my

quick style set I can regain my styles. Still, it is annoying that I have

to do it each and every time I open the document. Isn't there any

possibility to cause the style definitions to stay? (Preferably one that

does not involve templates...)

Den onsdag den 12. februar 2014 14.51.28 UTC+2 skrev Lisa Wilke-Thissen:

Hi,

You may be interested to know I did explicitly change the font colour

setting for style A,

but then the error would occur on reopening the document (so there is a

"bug" somewhere)

you did not change the Design, you did not change the Styles Set? Did you

modify a character style, a paragraph style, or a linked style? You just

modified this one style, you did not modify the basis style?

Click into the formatted text and press SHIFT + F1. In the "Reveal

Formatting" pane enable "Distinguish style source". Then, which

information

does the pane show for your text?

When opening the document by "Open and Repair": Does any error message

occur?

Your also can send me the document for analysing.

--

Cheers,

Lisa