Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Permanent vertical lines on left margin

If the markup is the result of Track Changes they will remain until the
changes have been Accepted/Rejected.

OTOH, they may be Paragraph Borders... Click in one of the paragraphs then
check Borders & Shading.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"SATO23" wrote in message
I received a document from another person that has vertical lines inserted
on
the left margin to mark changes that I cannot seem to remove. I've tried
everything associated with 'track changes' and/or trying to click on the
line
itself and hit delete but it will not allow it. Please advise as to how I
can remove them. Thank you!