Kevin

Default Creating a drop-down list in an existing Word document

I'm having trouble figuring out how to create a drop-down list in a Word
document. I insert the form, put the text I want to have in the list, and
close it out just fine. Here's the problem. This document functions as a
template. I'm trying to set up the drop-down list in order to save the other
documentation people, who are entering in information, time by having certain
drop-down lists available in areas of the document that have redundant
choices (they just select the appropriate option rather than having to type
in the text every time). Protect Form becomes the issue. If I have Protect
Form on (so the user can only select one of the choices), then the user
cannot type any text in the document. The Protect Form feature has to be off
(defeating the purpose of having the drop-down list) in order for the
documentation personnel to enter regular text in other areas of the document.
Is there a work-around, or something else I'm missing?